Now that it’s January, I thought it appropriate to suggest some New Year’s “online registration” resolutions. I promise these aren’t nearly as difficult as losing 20 pounds. Plus, implementing them just might get more registrations for your event.
- Promote your event on social media, and motivate registrants to do the same. You can post your listing to Facebook when you publish a form directly from the FormBuilder or copy tool. If you miss that link or aren’t ready at the time, go back to the first page of the online registration form and click the “share” button at the top.Registrants can post to Facebook from their screen and email confirmations. If you need suggestions for other social strategies, take a look at Ryan Heisler’s recent guest blog article, Feed the Beast: Social Media for Events.
- Check out the SignMeUp tools that you haven’t used, especially in the Form Menu->More Tools section. There you’ll find Friend Get Friend, our easy-to-use viral marketing program; a tool to create and upload Coupon/Promotion Codes; the Snapshot Widget, a quick summary of your form’s most important statistics; and more.
- Maintain a consistent brand image by customizing your online form with a logo and colors that match your website. You can find customization tools in the Form Menu->Edit Form. For more help, see SignMeUp Support Guru Katie Petralia’s article, 5 Tips for Building Better Online Registration Forms.
- Publish your online registration form well in advance of your event, and, if appropriate, encourage early registration with “early bird” pricing.
- Lose 20 pounds (just kidding).